When you log in, the DHS Learning LMS opens to your dashboard, where you can view your current learning details, search for a new course to take, or access additional resources.
Watch: Find a Course
If you’re currently enrolled in courses, they’re listed on your dashboard in the Recent Learning block. Simply click a course name to open it.
Note: Even before you log in for the first time, the system may automatically enroll you in courses based on your profile information. (Learn more)
If you don’t see the course you need under Recent Learning, you probably still need to enroll.
First, find the course:
Search for a New Course:
If you know (a) the name of the course or (b) the course number, you can search for it directly from the Search courses block on your dashboard
Or, open the course catalog (Find Learning), where you can view and search courses within specific categories.
Browse the Course Catalog:
- Select Find Courses from the navigation bar.
- Choose All Courses from the dropdown menu; this opens the course catalog.
- Select a course category to open it and view the category contents (courses and/or subcategories).
Many courses display a short description in the Course Summary column of the course catalog. You can also select the “i” icon next to a course title for a quick view of the course’s Status and Enrollment type (as well as a Self enrollment option where applicable).
When you want to look up a specific course by name or course number,
- Enter the course title, a word or phrase from the title, or the course number in the Search courses box.
- Click the magnifying glass search button.
Once you find the course you’re looking for, you probably want to take it. This article covers how to enroll.