Your first task in making sure your account profile is accurate and complete is to look over the profile information that’s already in the system (skip the empty fields) and check for errors. If you find any incorrect or out-of-date information, notify Human Resources to get it corrected.
(Remember: It can take up to 24 hours after your account is newly created for all your profile information to be added to the DHS Learning system from the HR database, so we recommend that you wait at least one business day before checking your profile for errors.)
If you manually edit any of the profile items that are connected to the HR database, the system will override your changes back to the information on file—so it’s important that corrections are made through the Human Resources department, not the DHS Learning system.
Open ‘Edit Profile’ Page
- Select your name in the upper right-hand corner of the DHS Learning screen and choose Profile from the menu.
- Under the User Details block heading, select Edit Profile.
The following list includes the most important profile items:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Alternate name (leave blank if you have none)
If any of these fields are incorrect in DHS Learning, notify your supervisor and contact HR to correct the error.
The information in your account profile comes directly from the info you provided when you first requested a new account. Your profile is not connected to the HR database and won’t be automatically updated, so the review process is slightly different for you:
- Review the items in the General category and adjust them as needed.
- The rest of the fields are optional, with three exceptions—double-check the following fields for accuracy, and contact the Help Desk if any changes need to be made:
- Institution (in the Optional category)
- Service Area (in the DHS Specific category)
- County (in the DHS Specific category)
- Click Update profile to save your changes.